[Accessibility] FSGA Teleconference Agenda, Wednesday 28 June

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 12 07:55:24 PDT 2006

> With respect to to the standard, we can always migrate from today's
> CORBA implementation to tomorrow's DBUS implementation

I've seen Frank Duignan's performance analysis work that provides
numbers to the effect that DBUS is approximately 18 times slower than
CORBA:

http://eleceng.dit.ie/frank/rpc/CORBAGnomeDBUSPerformanceAnalysis.pdf

I'm curious if there's been any response to Frank's work?  I'd be
especially interested in what the DBUS developers have to say.  Is the
analysis accurate/fair?  Does the testing mechanism correlate to how we
use CORBA for the AT-SPI?  Is there low hanging fruit in the DBUS
performance tree?  Etc.

Will